Thursday, May 10, 2012

May 3 Doctor Appt.

Little late as usual but I went to the doctor last Thursday, I was 27 weeks 4 days.  At this appointment DR wanted to do an ultrasound to check my cervix and do a growth scan on the baby.  My appointment was at 330 and I waited for almost an hour to even get back to the ultrasound room - but I did have my favorite ultrasound tech so that made it better.  She was so excited to see me.  She said I was actually on the other girls schedule but when she saw my name she said she thought if she hurried with her patient before me maybe she could get to me first. :)  Haha.  I just love her, when you have as many ultrasounds as I have had you tend to form a bond with the person that watches your baby grow with you! And that is exactly what she said as well, she loves seeing all her patients but there are some you see more and form a bond with and get even more excited to see them and their baby.  Anyways, we stopped on the way back to take my blood pressure and get my weight - blood pressure was good, I lost 1/2lb since I had been there a month ago....  I couldn't believe it.  My belly is growing so I figured I would have a gain, not a loss.  But she said it was nothing to worry about so I just went with it.  She did the growth scan first - baby was facing the wrong way so we couldn't get any really good pictures of his face.  She asked if I wanted to double check the sex of the baby but quickly said she couldn't cuz he had his legs crossed.  Haha.  Stinker!  She went about doing her measurements and asked how big dad was as a baby - my MIL had recently told me that he was pretty little but I couldn't remember exactly, just that he was 6 lbs something.  Then she asked how big I was - my mom was withe me so I asked her to be sure - I was 7lbs 6oz.   After this she kept doing her thing and measuring different parts of the baby and I was wondering to myself, why is she asking these questions???  AND then I found out why...  She said Baby Strange is currently measuring in the 94th percentile on size!  He was weighing 3.1 lbs - my Baby Bump app on my iphone says at 27 weeks he should be weighing 2 lbs!!!  FREAKING OUT!!!  JJ was 7lbs 9oz when he was born - that was big enough!!  Now I am laying here freaking out - she does a few more measurements for a second time just to check and make sure she didn't get it wrong the first time - nope, he is still showing the same size the second measurement as he was the first...  She did get a couple 3D pictures of part of his face - with the way he was laying and his hand/arm up by his face she couldn't get a really good pic but she did get a couple that I thought were cute.  In one he was making a face like he was frowning/crying...  It was SO cute!  She also said that she could see hair!!  JJ was bald until after he turned 1 so the fact that she could see hair and see quite a bit of it made me excited!    We got a picture of his toes and fingers, we could count all 5 on each of those!  It is amazing seeing such clear pictures of this little person growing inside of you.  Everytime I see him its like seeing him for the very first time! Amazing!  And I still sit here when he is moving around and kicking me mesmerized by the fact that I am pregnant and in no time at all I will be holding this little guy in my arms.  Still seems so surreal! 
Back to the u/s....  After she was done with the growth scan she measured my cervix and said it was behaving!!  Yeah!!  This is a huge relief!  I have been so worried that it would start to cause problems and I would have to either go on bed rest or scary as it is to think about - go into labor early!  For now, looks like I can continue what I am doing and not worry about it. :)
After the u/s it was time to meet with my DR, have I told you how much I just love her!!  She is amazing!  She came in smiling really big saying she and Aly were just talking and Aly couldn't believe that little ol Kasey was carrying such a big baby!  Haha.  I said I was in shock!!  She said not to worry about it, she would keep an eye on it and not let him get TOO big...  She did say she would offer induction at 29 weeks since I have already had one baby as long as my cervix was dilating.  So, that made me feel a LITTLE bit better but not much!  Here she had wanted to do the growth scan because I have a 2 vessel cord and that can lead to growth restriction - guess right now we don't have to worry about that issue. :)  I had taken my 1 hour glucose the Saturday before my appt and she had the results.....I failed!!  :(  BUT only by 1 point, she said normally she wouldn't order the 3 hour test but since the baby was measuring so big and that is a sign of gestational diabetes she wanted me to go ahead and take the 3 hour test.. :( BUMMER!!  We talked for a little longer and she could tell that I was still completely freaked out about the size of the baby so we went back to that.  She looked at my chart and told me that my first u/s showed me being 5 days further along than I was - so she said if we went by that due date I would be due July 24 instead of the 29th and that would put the baby more around the range of 75% on size.  That made me feel a little better but still a little freaked out about having a big baby.  :)  I go back to the doctor next Thursday.  She wants to do another growth scan u/s when I am 34 weeks to see how the baby is measuring then. Hopefully he is measuring a little smaller but not too small.  I dont want to sound picky or anything - I think every pregnant woman wants the same thing...  I dont want him to be too small and have issues but also dont want him to be too big and have issues.  We all want our babies to be perfect... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.